Friday, August 26, 2011

Spread Your Wings page!

I've been pretty busy today journaling with my new craft supplies! I went to the store yesterday and bought a lot of stuff, so of course I just had to try them out today! I am really happy with the way this came out. Really really happy. Remember, I've been art journaling for about 2-3 weeks only now, so every accomplishment of a page that I like is a huge deal for me! Ok so enough rambling, here's the beauty!





I used a couple of different colors for the background, all acrylic paints by Americana. On the right side, you can easily see the stencil i have used, which is Serendipity by Momenta, and some bubble wrap for additional textures. There's also two butterflies stickers by Tim Holtz. However the left page is my fav! Look at that cute little girl! And those wings! I can't take any credit for that, it's from the Vintage Collage Stack by DCWV. OMG do I love those papers! I sponged a little bit of paint on her shirt and skirt so it matches my page a little better. I also used a sharpie pen to outline the picture (and I must say, I don't think I will be able to use that sharpie pen anymore, I've killed it!). And that's pretty much it! Not too many layers, I really wanted the focus to be on that girl. She is absolutely gorgeous with her butterfly wings! Oh the wings are all glittery too. I tell you, fab papers!

See ya soon!
Marie =)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Marie this stinkin rocks!!! Omg I'm totally blown away sweetie!!!! Loving it!!! Woooo hooo!