Thursday, August 18, 2011

I want to be...

Pretty as a princess. I really do! See, I've been going through a lot of stuff in my life in the past years. And I mean A LOT. I think I could write an entire novel based just with the content of my life in the past 7 years. Serious. I'm going to put myself out there here, and tell you that I do not really feel entirely comfortable with the way I look right now. I used to look very good, with a killer body. I am affraid it isn't the case anymore. I've been literally eating my emotions for years. When it was time to go back on track, I first needed to take care of my mental health. I needed to be comfortable emotionally before I could start getting back in shape. I am getting there. So hopefully I'll be able to concentrate my energy on my actual physical shape soon. So basically, I created this page because I really want to be pretty as a princess again. Those cute little dress, I wish I could wear them proudly like I used to before. Hopefully this page will keep me motivated! Alright, enough with the rambling and back to business! This is actually my very first '2 pages' project. I am really proud of how it turned out!


*the cast of character*

So here are the supplies that I have used to create this vintage/grungy page. As you can see, I really haven't used a lot! Absent from this picture are the standard items, which includes the Golden gesso and Regular Gel (Matte) that I use on pretty much all my pages. Also absent from the picture is the alpha chipboard that I have used. I really couldn't find the box, but they are from the Blue Awning collection by K&Company. I like this alpha set because you can flip them over . One side is blue, the other one yellow. Of course, it didn't match my page perfectly and I wanted them to blend in a little more so I have distressed the alpha with some ink! The ink I have used is from Color Box, the Chocolate & Blueberry set. I honestly like the colors, the ink, not so much. But that's all that I've got handy right now. I'm still waiting on a couple of packages in the mail! For the background, I have used acrylic paint by Reeves, a mix of Lemon Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Brilliant Red & Medium Yellow. On top of the acrylics, I added a layer of stamping. I used a beautiful butterfly stamp by Magenta and I went crazy with it. There's some butterflies ALL over the page, which created a lovely texture to my background! Then, I added the dresses. The pretty little dresses. I really love the way they turned out on my page! I cut the dresses from a paper I had. It's by Creative Imaginations. I outlined the dresses with my Mr.Sketch markers (which I totally adore by the way!). I also outlined my alpha with the same marker so it pops out a tiny bit. Next was the paper strips, they are from BoBunny's Napa Valley Wine Labels. With a lot of ink on the edges!! A bit too much... LOL. Oh well! And to finish off, I added my Pretty as a Princess tag which is from Love Notes Journal Cards by Cosmo Cricket. Also some pieces of ribbon, from the Savannah set by 7Gypsies. And voila, this is how it turned out!

*the final result*


*I like the left side a lot better*

I am sorry, I didn't mean to make this post so long... But I often get carried away when I start typing. In case you didn't know, I am also a writer! I hope you enjoyed this page, I know I had fun making it. Don't you just love those cute little dresses?! Come back soon, the best is yet to come!

See ya soon!
Marie =)

No comments: