Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A New Beginning!

OK so I came accross a couple of art journaling sites recently, and after about a month of watching videos & tutorials, I told myself... Hey! I can do this too! And surprisingly, I can. I jump right into the art journaling process and honestly, I have never been happier. I've never been really good at anything 'crafty' to be honest. I can't draw a simple sun for the life of me. Serious. But I've always had a very creative/artistic side to me. I was able to explore that artistic side with digi-scrapping, which I totally adore. But I often think that it isn't enough. I need more. And I finally found something that I could do. Yes, I can actually do this! And anyone can. The thing that I like the most about art journaling is that you can do ANYTHING. There is no error. There is no right or wrong. And I guess that is what I needed. Something that allows me to make mistakes. Something that allows me to experiment without worrying about doing it all wrong. Mistakes can be covered up so easily that it really pushes me to TRY new techniques. I. Love. It. Period.
So here I am today starting this new blog, hoping to share with you my new found passion. I hope that you come back often, and that I am able to inspire you a little. If I can do it, trust me, anyone can! So please stay tuned, I will be back shortly with a couple of pictures of what I've done in the past week! *yes, I only started a week ago!*

See ya soon!
Marie =)

No comments: